Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another take from another mind.

11H
Another take from THIS post from Great Minds.
I have seen and heard many creepy things in my life time.. stories of people robbing stores with squirt guns, little kids eating animal cracker heads off and throwing the body away, poor souls buying a PC instead of MAC, I've heard people say that they like instant coffee better than fresh ground coffee from whole beans, There is the occasional sighting of guys huddled around a TV watching High School Musical or some other chick flick, but the most common creepy thing I see today, isn't so uncommon. As a matter of fact, this said creepy thing is found in people as young as 4 on up to people as old as 160. (ok... exaggerating) Though the age may have allot to do with the level of creepiness, it is more the ML (Maturity level) that is the real factor.

So, what creepy thing am I talking about?

Dating. Dating in and of itself isn't necessarily creepy, but rather who and when and why.

ML= Age + discernment (x) Smartness + logicalness (/) practicality

The formula above doesn't mean anything really.. I just made it up because it looked cool. Never the less, I can in fact use it to point some things that I think are creepy out. I'll do this by using some scenarios.

Bobby (age 11) asks Sally (age 10) to "go out with him".
Why does Bobby want to date when he's only 11? I'm not even going to try and answer that question because as smart and brilliant as I am.. its beyond me. I will venture to assume that marriage is not on Bobby's mind.

BUT WAIT!

You assumer you! What if marriage really IS on Bobby's mind!?
BOBBY IS ONLY ELEVEN YEARS OLD!!! THATS ONLY 4,000 SOME ODD DAYS OLD!!! THATS A LITTLE OVER 570 WEEKS OLD!!! HE'S JUST A BABY!!! babies don't get married!

THERE YOU GO AGAIN.. ASSUMING!
What if Bobby is really really mature for his age?!?!
... he's eleven. He has other things to think about besides who he's going to merry in 9 years.

This brings me to my second point. If Bobby plays video games non-stop, and wears a tank-top that goes to his knees outside of his dress clothes and talks like a cartoon chipmunk for the next 9 years of his life (A.K.A. 283,824,000 seconds) He needs a girl.

... actually, no he doesn't... I don't even know why I just said that.

CHALLENGE!!!
If anyone can give me one (just one) ALL I NEED IS ONE good logical* reason for Bobby to date Sally... I'll send them 2 mac gems cd's filled with over 50 great mac applications and games.. all yours for FREE! I'll even cover shipping and handling!**

*real life believable reasons. Nothing like " Bobs mom told him that if he didn't date Sally, she would feed him cold greasy liver and tofu for the rest of his life".
**offer expires 8/31/08


So, until proven otherwise, Its safe to say that dating when your Bobby's age is creepy. Personally... I wouldn't even date until I was AT LEAST 16...

So, lets here it. Why and when in life do you think you should date? Am I a sad mixed up guy?

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH:
One of my friends cats neighbors friends friend just got engaged at the ripe old age of 15. Her "Fiancé" is 14. This is a true story. Dating is one thing at that age.. I would keep talking, but I'm kinda speechless. I hear she got a nice diamond ring out of the deal... diamond rings.. This will make a new topic. Coming soon.

~Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gah! I really much agree with you. But the competitive side of me really wants to think of something so I can win. lol. but yeah, it's insane. I think if I have one more 13 year old tell me a brake up story, I'm going to have to slap them in the face. ok, maybe that's a little harsh. but still.

Jim said...

Just give them one of those "should've had a V8" knocks on the head...