Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Logic...or Lack Thereof...

Ok, just to warn everyone reading this, I guarantee that this will be offensive to a lot of people. (some of my biggest fans will probably hate my guts after they read this) Offensive, not because its crude, or vulgar, or tasteless, but because I am about to criticize and expose a way of thinking--a culture...Ladies and Gentlemen, I am about to let off some steam! (usually I let off steam by working out or something, but that would not accomplish my current goal, so I will indulge in the power of the pen...or...the keyboard)

Here we go. I am going to talk about children with boy/girl friends. By children, I mean...oh...15 and under. ( POW! ) I am also going to talk about young people and young adults who have boy/girl friends for no apparent reason...( BIF! ) By young people and young adults, [you guessed it] I mean anyone older than 15. So I asked some people, "What is the point of having a boy/girl friend?" and the answer I got back was basically to test the water, or even more basically, practice. In fact these people I talked to said that they would not even consider marrying any of their boy/girl friends, x or current. I seriously did all I could to contain myself. ( SMACK! ) The urge to bust out laughing was incredibly intense. ( WHAP! ) So tell me something; WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE GET SO HEARTBROKEN and/or ANGRY WHEN THEY GET DUMPED?!?!?( THWAK! ) Ok, I'm sorry, I got ahead of myself. Assuming one is 15 or younger...It is obviously a long shot to even consider marriage. But if marriage is not even in the equation, obviously it is inevitable that sooner or later you're going to break up. (more likely sooner than later) With that in mind, WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE GET SO HEARTBROKEN and/or ANGRY WHEN THEY GET DUMPED?!?!? ( THUNK! ) [like my Batman comic exclamations?] I mean, for any age, if marriage is not in the equation, logically, its ridiculous to have a boy/girl friend. HOLY SHENANIGANS BATMAN! IT JUST DOESN'T ADD UP!

So you have a boy/girl friend...so you can get to know them? But you are not planning on spending the rest of your life with them, which means that you will probably either be dumped or dump them in the next week...maybe month...or if you're really delusional, sometime next year...

1+1=39.2987463...

IT DOESN'T ADD UP! In fact, it pretty much, flat out, doubtlessly, and by all accounts, defies logic.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you have to marry the first person you date. I am saying that 1) You shouldn't date anyone you wouldn't consider marrying, and 2) Rather than dating someone to get to know them, get to know them before you date them!

NOTE: This is for all of you people who have had 4.6 billion boy/girl friends, and still haven't learned your lesson...and anyone who has a boy/girl friend simply so you can tell everyone you have a boy/girl friend.


~Jim

No comments: