Friday, October 3, 2008

Just Thinking...

Recently I ordered a $50 product online. This morning I received my package, and when I opened it, discovered a $260 product. I was charged for the product that I ordered, and received a product that is worth over five times more. I am ashamed to admit that the first thought in my mind was "Sweet! I'm not going to get a deal like that anywhere!" And legally (so I'm told) I could have kept this package. But when I really considered the scenario, I couldn't justify keeping it. It just wasn't right. So, I called the company, and found out that my order had been accidentally switched with someone else's order. So, someone bought a $260 product, and received a $50 product. When I heard that, I felt even worse about the fact that I had even considered keeping the package. Anyways, the situation was straightened out, and I sent the package back. Long story short, they are sending me a "combo" package worth twice what I am paying, since they goofed up my order, and since I was honest. I am grateful to God for helping me in this situation. In and of myself, I probably would have kept the package. And I probably would have gotten away with it. But that definitely doesn't make it right.
~Jim

No comments: